As my trip to Africa gets closer, I’ve been busy shopping to get plenty of supplies. As part of our trip for the organization, we are traveling across Tanzania to our projects in Olasiti village (in the north) and Ulolela village and to Dar Es Salaam. So, some of these items are for our travel within the country, and aren’t necessarily important for all trips. Here’s my list so far:
– Africa appropriate clothing. I tried to get clothes that are conservative, but light and comfortable. I bought a bunch of light-weight shirts and Bermuda shorts from Target. Since our trip is during the summer in the US, it will be winter in Tanzania, so I’m going to bring a couple hoodies for night-time.
– A hiking backpack, for easily traveling around the country.
– Safari hat (complete with dorky strap to keep it on our head)
– Sunglasses and strap (to keep them from flying off in the wind!)
– First aid kit
– Wet wipes or baby wipes (with no or low alcohol to keep them from drying out)
– Ponchos (in case of rain)
– Suntan lotion
– Melatonin (to help with the jet lag)
– Unscented shampoo, conditioner and body wash
– Extra batteries
– European outlet adapter
So, am I forgetting anything? Let me know!