So, as you know, I’m a college student AND a co-founder and VP of a non-profit. How does everything get done? Well, I’m lucky enough to be in a program that does a lot of client-based work, often for a client you provide. What do I do these projects on? Ding ding ding! It’s a no-brainer: Achieve in Africa! It’s a win-win-win- I’m passionate and knowledgeable about the client, I can use whatever I make for the cause, and I get feedback through my graded assignments on how I can make the promotional materials better!
Things I’ve done just this semester for AIA through school:
– Created this blog
– Recorded and edited a viral 30-second video (while learning video editing software- Adobe Premiere Pro)
– Recorded and edited a 30-second radio PSA (while learning audio editing software- Audacity)
– Wrote a 5-minute promotional video treatment and script (to be made this summer after Brendan gets footage from his trip to Tanzania)
– Created a few advertisements (while learning Adobe PhotoShop)
– Currently creating a new web site layout to launch May 1st (using Photoshop and FrontPage)
– Created and currently revamping the brochure
I’ll add my audio and video spots that I made and I would love some feedback from ya’ll!!
Music Credit: “Caring is Creepy” by The Shins (I’m a fan of irony)
And click here for the AIA PSA!!